Now, built-in battery-saving apps like "extreme power mode" in the HTC One M9 and "ultra power saving" in theSamsung Galaxy S6 help extend life, though at the expense of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS -- so it's inconvenient for relying on every day.
I often spend time exploring battery-saving apps and have become quite fond of a few in particular. Here's a list of five of my favorite apps for prolonging the life of your Android's battery. Note that there are a few common settings that overlap across the apps, but in this piece, I've tried to highlight some of the features that help separate each app from the pack.
* One tap and quickly close battery-draining apps. Closed apps will not get restart.
* Auto shut down background apps on unrooted phones.
* Block data flow when phone is not in use and only apps in active list have access to network. (This feature requires to install Doze, the other app developed by us.)
* Receive notifications and quick access to shut down apps via floating MagicBall
* Save on data usage over cellular network by closing unwanted apps.
* Easy lookup to see what apps are running and quickly stop them with one tap.
* Whitelist option available to exclude apps from hibernation.
* Find great apps you like in AppCafe which updates every day.